Once an interested family is selected from a waiting list they get to participate in the program if:
- They are income eligible based on the very-low and extremely-low income limits for the agency’s jurisdiction
- They can demonstrate that there is at least 1 US Citizen or eligible immigrant in the household, even if the US Citizen or eligible immigrant is a child (subsidy is only paid for eligible participants, no subsidy is paid for ineligible participants)
- They provide Social Security Numbers for all eligible family members
- Sign required forms including Authorization to Release Information
- Does not owe monies to other agencies for any federally funded programs.
- Pass Criminal Background Screening, based agency criteria. This criteria will change by agency.
- Provide all verification of preference, familial status, income, asset and deduction information as requested by the agency. Minimum documentation is regulated by the federal government, but the agency has the ability to request additional documents. This will vary by agency.