Tenant Move-In

Request for Tenancy Approval

Approving the tenant to move into a unit is a multi-step process. It is very important that owners are patient and complete al steps requested of them.

Once the tenant has chosen the unit and owners have approved them, the tenant will need to submit a Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA) packet to the agency. This document is the formal request, to the agency, to receive approval to move into the unit chosen. It is the tenant’s responsibility to make sure this is properly filled out and turned in to the agency on time. It is when the agency receives this packet that the process begins. If at any point in the process an landlord chooses not to move forward, a request to cancel the RTA can be made with the agency, and the tenant will be notified.

Move-In Authorization

Keep in mind that the tenant is not approved to move into the unit until you receive the official move in authorization paperwork from the agency. Owners can expect this paperwork only AFTER the move-in inspection occurs. If owners allow the tenant to move into the unit prior to receiving this paperwork, the tenant will be responsible for 100% of the amount of the rent. The program will only pay assistance effective the date of the official move-in authorization document.